In 2008, Dr. Philip Isherwood was working as a Medical Director with a substance use treatment center. He felt that treatment for those struggling with substance abuse was missing the mark and could be reimagined to better fit the needs of the patient. He decided to take action. Dr. Isherwood resigned from the program and started developing the AppleGate Recovery model. The vision was simple; provide compassionate and respectful care for those struggling with the disease of addiction.
By 2009, AppleGate physicians were seeing patients who were also offered integrated counseling as an important aspect of their treatment plan. Depression and anxiety, along with other mental health issues, often go hand in hand with drug use and addiction. Providing in-house counseling services aids in the management of both substances abuse and mental health issues. From our founding, we have continued to refine our treatment services in an effort to ensure that every patient has a positive experience and sees improvement in their life.
AppleGate, a BayMark Health Services Company, continues to specialize in outpatient medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid addiction and is focused on increasing accessibility to the proven, life-saving treatment we offer. Individualized, comprehensive treatment plans include buprenorphine and Suboxone® alongside counseling and recovery services. We place an emphasis on meeting patients where they are, meaning we treat patients from all walks of life, at different levels of income and education and across all demographics. Our goal is to help patients identify what individual recovery looks like for them and even more importantly, how to get there.
AppleGate Recovery is a part of the BayMark Health Services continuum of care for opioid addiction treatment. BayMark is North America’s largest and most comprehensive provider of specialty services for opioid addiction. To learn about the different types of treatment near you visit: BayMark Treatment Locations
Individuals struggling with opioid addiction have their reasons for not getting help. They don’t have the time, they are ashamed, they don’t want to do it alone, they need treatment quick, or they just don’t trust the medical providers available. We understand these concerns and can address every one of them.
Our focus on patient care and quality is unmatched with an overall patient satisfaction rating of 96%.
Our patients can expect:
- Evidence-based opioid addiction treatment
- Medically supervised medication maintenance and taper treatment plans
- Unlimited access to credentialed, professional medical providers and counselors
- Convenient treatment offering patients the ability to maintain work and family schedules
- Assistance with common mental health concerns, including depression and anxiety as well as sleep disorders, which may include prescription medication or referrals as needed or in-house counseling
- Flexible appointment times
- Treatment on demand
- Compassionate, non-judgmental support in an environment where patients are more than their disease
- Discreet, confidential treatment along with full HIPAA compliance
- Ethical medical treatment adhering to all State and Federal guidelines, including those for diversion control.
In select locations*