AppleGate Recovery Richmond
AppleGate Recovery Richmond specializes in outpatient, medication-assisted treatment with Suboxone® and other buprenorphine compounds to help people overcome opioid addiction.
Substance use disorder counseling is also offered to help people learn how to identify triggers, understand their addiction, and become productive members of their community. Medication-assisted treatment has been shown to be more successful when counseling sessions are attended.
AppleGate Richmond services include:
- Medication-assisted treatment with buprenorphine and buprenorphine compounds
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Patient-centered, individualized care
Outpatient Opioid Addiction Treatment in Richmond, Virginia
Opioid addiction has reached epidemic levels in the United States. Statistics from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, show that around two million Americans abuse opioids, with more than 130 Americans dying every day from opioid overdose.
At AppleGate Recovery Richmond, we understand that anyone can easily get addicted to opioids. As such, we offer effective, outpatient medication-assisted treatment to any person struggling with opioid addiction in the greater Richmond area.
We provide effective opioid addiction treatment and recovery services to all residents of Richmond and its surrounding areas including Tuckahoe in Henrico County, Midlothian in Chesterfield County and Hanover County. We have a team of experienced opioid addiction professionals who work with each patient and create a personalized treatment plan that meets their unique needs.
This type of medication-assisted treatment ensures our patients can continue with their daily activities and stay engaged in their lives while working on their recovery.
Medication-Assisted Treatment Options for Opioid Addiction in Richmond
AppleGate Recovery Richmond specializes in providing medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid addiction. Our comprehensive treatment includes the use of prescribed medication and counseling to help you with your recovery.
Our prescribed medication helps stop your cravings, while the counseling program provides you with an opportunity to address areas of your life that need to be addressed as well learn healthy coping skills for the future. The medications our professionals prescribe for opioid addiction include the following.
Buprenorphine is an FDA-approved partial opioid agonist that is used in treating opioid addiction. When taken, the medication attaches to the brain’s opioid receptors and activates them, but to a lesser extent than the full opioid agonists often misused such as prescription pain relievers, heroin and fentanyl. By connecting to the brain receptors, buprenorphine prevents significant withdrawal symptoms and lessens the cravings for opioids. This helps you concentrate on other aspects of your recovery. Buprenorphine also has a ceiling effect as a partial agonist, meaning that at a certain point taking more medication will not increase the medication’s effects. This prevents misuse and minimizes the risk of overdose when the medication is taken properly.
This is another prescription option that combines buprenorphine with naloxone. Naloxone is an opiate antagonist that knocks other opioids off of the brains receptors. Instead of activating the brain’s receptors, this property allows naloxone to prevent other opioids from attaching to the receptors, which prevents them from creating euphoric effects or causing overdose. The combination of naloxone with buprenorphine is a great deterrent to misuse because if an individual injects the medication the naloxone causes them to go into immediate withdrawal.
Counseling Program for Opioid Addiction
We believe medication is an effective tool in fighting opioid addiction, but it should be combined with ongoing support to produce long-term sobriety. That’s why our treatment plan combines medication with counseling which may include cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing or other techniques to provide you with healthy coping skills that aid your recovery.
Our experts at AppleGate Recovery Richmond are experienced professionals with an understanding of the challenges of treating opioid addiction and other substance use disorders. You don’t have to worry about confidentiality during counseling, either. We are HIPAA compliant, and our counselors are well-trained to create a safe and confidential setting.
Our counseling options include the following:
- Individual counseling:This counseling session allows you to come up with relapse prevention strategies, find support systems, work through trauma and set personal goals for recovery.
- Group counseling:It’s crucial to understand that you aren’t alone in your recovery, and our group counseling serves to remind you of that. These group sessions offer a support network where members share their experiences, which then can help to motivate you to stick with your recovery efforts.
Why Contact AppleGate Recovery Richmond?
The opioid addiction recovery process can be challenging. The best way to travel this journey is to have the right partner by your side. When you choose AppleGate Recovery as your partner, you’ll see that:
- We walk with you all the way. Getting our patients in recovery and healthy is our passion. That’s why we provide 24/7 access to care. You can contact our providers at any time, and they’ll address any concerns and requests, including refills. We also don’t discharge patients for relapse. Our providers understand this can be part of the treatment process and will, therefore, help you until you’re fully sober.
- There are no waiting lists. Our facility doesn’t put patients on waitlists. We understand opioid addiction treatment shouldn’t have to wait. Therefore, we begin treatment the moment our patients seek help.
- You get value for your money. With AppleGate Recovery Richmond, you’re assured of quality services. Our medication-assisted treatment has proven to be effective as shown by our 96% customer satisfaction rate. So, think of this as a worthy investment for your money.
Contact Us to Learn More About Our Addiction Treatment Center in Richmond, VA
Addiction treatment isn’t an easy journey, especially when you don’t have the right support. At AppleGate Recovery, we have certified professionals who offer the utmost care and all necessary support to make our patients’ sobriety journey manageable. Give us a call today at 804.409.3866 or fill out the form below to schedule your consultation and start that path to recovery.
204 N. Hamilton Street, Suite B
Richmond VA 23221
Mon-Thurs: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Weekend: By Appointment Only
- Aetna Better Health of Virginia
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Anthem HealthKeepers Plus
- Optima/Sentara Health Plans
- Optum Behavioral Health
- Traditional Medicare
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- Virginia Premier
- Money Order
- Debit Card
- Credit Card